Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break - Day 3

Today felt like a normal school day when it started. The kids got up at their normal time, got dressed and ate their cereal. We had the normal amount of 'rushing' around trying to get out of the house, with me reminding them to put their PJ's in the laundry, Tully asking where his glasses were and Tessa telling me she's still hungry right as we walk out the door. I took them over to the Hislops house where Tully was excited to find that Zack and Matthew were laying on the couch watching cartoons. I headed off to my doctors appointment with the promise to be back soon. Ha!! Of course it took forever to be seen today, when normally they run pretty true to schedule. Dr. Nomeland checked me and declared 'Nothing happening' and that everything looks good. I thought about pleading with him to induce me, or break my water or something really dramatic but I decided that since I am only 35 weeks I might want to save my begging and pleading for when it might actually matter. Like if I go past my due date. So I left, still pregnant, and went to pick up my two very happy kids. It was time to hit the zoo.


We met Chrystal and Julie and checked out the animals before we headed over to eat lunch. What much can you say about the zoo? Lot's of people there during spring break, animals, little boys who climb every pole and railing as they wrestle with one another, and little girls who climb in and out of strollers and want to look at every animal. 





Luckily a lot of fun was had by all. 
We rushed home in the afternoon in time to make it to Tully's piano lesson. Tessa wanted to play house while Tully was doing his lesson. I got to 'pretend' I was the Mom. Enough said. 
After a trip to Trader Joes and the Bank we came home again and next thing I knew Tessa had jumped on Tully's bike and was riding around the cul-de-sac. Go figure. Apparently she can ride a two wheeler all by herself now. 




What a big girl!!! I guess all of us can finally ride bikes to Kindergarten together!

I tried out a new recipe tonight for homemade veggie burgers. They were pretty good, I would make them again. Tully was the only one who didn't like them, but then again, he could survive off of oatmeal. 

I forgot to mention that yesterday I accidentally flushed my new, fake wedding ring down the toilet. So a trip to Claire's is on tomorrow agenda.


1 comment:

donnajolley@gmail.com said...

Wow what a big girl. Impressive!