Thursday, March 17, 2011

The comings and goings.

Tully has been talking about leprechauns all month. Tessa on the other hand has been worrying that leprechauns might show up at some point. Last night after they went to bed we set up green footprints around the house and messed up their rooms (because that's what leprechauns do) we also turned the toilet water and the milk green. Tully was thrilled when he woke up this morning. Tessa thought it was funny but has been asking me all morning, with a semi worried look on her face if they are going to come back.

I have been trying to remain positive about being at the point in pregnancy where all you want to do is sleep but then when you get a chance you can't. It's just impossible to feel comfortable and I wake myself up because I am snoring so badly. Last night Matt decided to sleep on the couch. I woke up at midnight to the worst sound, it sounded like  a mix between a baby screaming and cats fighting. I could hear that it was coming from the chicken coop. Turns out a raccoon finally noticed that we have had chickens for the past couple of years. He snatched one right out of the coop and there is little trace of it. The bummer is that he will probably be back for the other 3 unless we get rid of them. So sad!

As for baby news, I have been to the doctor twice this week and everything looks good. My levels have stayed the same the last 3 weeks and the doctor doesn't expect that they would go up very significantly before I deliver. They are starting me on fetal monitoring next week to track the baby's heart rate, fluid levels and my contractions. The doctor I saw yesterday told me to "try to take it easy." Does he not know that I have 2 other kids to entertain, dinner to make, laundry to wash, and spring break activities to plan, etc? I just kind of laughed and said I would try.

I'm kind of obsessed with our house right now. This is my new favorite spot.


And that's what's going on.

1 comment:

Los Askays said...

Where is this in your house? Did you get new furniture? New art? Love it. I'm a turquoise freak and therefore am madly in love with your table. :)