We woke up this morning to hot weather and swollen ankles. Well not all of us had swollen ankles, I'll let you figure that one out. We went over to the McCarters around 9:30 and my kids stayed and played over there while I went and did errands. By myself. It was somewhat glorious to not have to drag them with me from store to store in the 80 degree heat. I was on a mission to find slippers but I was only semi successful. After I picked up the kids from Megan's we decided to go and get a piece of pizza from Costco for lunch. As I was pulling into the parking lot, Curt pulled in next to me. He had the boys and they were getting lunch also. So much to my kids delight we had a impromptu lunch with all the Crawshaw Boys. I'm sure we looked really funny with 5 kids, 6 and under, and me extremely pregnant.
After lunch I seriously considered being one of those people who goes to the movies on beautiful days, just because it's air conditioned, but I knew I would never hear the end of it form my Dad. (Actually it might have been because there wasn't anything appropriate playing.) So I took the kids to Kmart to look for some water toys. We ended up with 2 water guns and a sprinkler thing.
The kids had a blast playing outside once we got home and I enjoyed using the bucket that was supposed to be for refilling their water guns.
Tonight I went to Opal for dinner with some friends to celebrate the upcoming birth of baby boy. It was so nice to eat a relaxing meal that none of us had to cook OR clean up. I had a great time and felt very spoiled. I would show you the cute picture I have of all of us there, but it's been erased. So sad. Here is my food though, I know you were dying to see that!
No comments:
Post a Comment