Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break - Day 2

I woke up this morning to Tully saying excitedly "Mommy, I slept in!" I asked him what time it was, expecting to hear something great like eight o'clock. His reply? It's SEVEN TEN!!! Wow, he slept 10 minutes later than he normally does. I had to fake my excitement because he was obviously so proud of himself!
A couple of weeks ago for our Anniversary, Matt's mom sent us a waffle maker. We have never had one and this one is awesome. It makes perfect waffles and it makes 2 at once! We decided to start the morning offvwith waffles, which helped it to feel like vacation even if we were just at home.


Later in the morning we met my friend Sirica at the park. The kids played, and we got to talk recipes, vitamix, kids and all sorts of other things. 
Later after we ran a few errands we finally got down to what Tully had been waiting to do all day - make a volcano. We rolled out our play-doh and decorated our mountain and then we watched it explode over and over (and over and over) again. Lot's of fun!










Other than that we mostly just played around the house all afternoon. Now the kids are cuddled up in their pj's watching a movie and I'm about to start thinking of plans for day 3. 









1 comment:

Chrystal Sturm said...

Talk to me about this volcano....