When we were leaving the KOA I talked to my mom and she reminded me that my birthday was the next day. I was immediately excited. What could I arrange? Dinner out? A shower? Antiquing? Anyone who knows me, knows that I like to take advantage of my birthday (something I learned from my Dad) so the wheels were spinning. When I woke up though I knew that the cold I had been carrying around had taken a new direction. I felt horrible, I tried to deal with it but after a couple of hours of doing a bad job of faking it, I spent the rest of the day sleeping in the car. Everyone went to Telluride (I slept in the car), rode the gondola (I slept in the car), had a BBQ at a park (I slept in the car) and eventually drove back to our campsite in the pouring rain (I slept in the car). Luckily I think that rest was exactly what I needed, I have been getting better the past 2 days, although I still sound like I have a frog in my throat.
Today we packed up a wet camp and drove to Gerard's parents house. It is so fun to see the giant house that he built and get to stay here for a couple of days. I have already taken a nap and a shower and I am getting ready to start our 2 garbage bags full of dirty laundry. Also, although it is raining, we have been able to make dinner inside and are going to eat it without fear of being struck by lightning! Bliss.
1 comment:
We love Ouray! I had no idea you were adding that to your adventure. What travelers you are! I came to your blog via Facebook where you posted about Mesquite. Isn't it nasty? We spent a night in Vegas last Sunday when we were driving home and we are never going back. Welcome home!
Post a Comment