I think I have mentioned before that I. am. not. a. morning. person. But of course my kids are morning people. This morning I heard some noises coming from downstairs around 6:20 am. I had a bad feeling that it might be my children so I stumbled blurry eyed down the stairs. As I rounded the corner I see my kids sitting under the pool table, giggling with chocolate faces. An almost empty package of Oreo cookies by their side. Now, I realized later when I had a chance to wake up a little that I should of grabbed my camera. But at the time I was mad. Very. Mad. I herded them back upstairs making all sorts of empty threats along the way. I put them back in bed (did I really think that 2 kids who had just consumed several oreos each were going to go back to bed?) I realized a few minutes later that this obviously wasn't going to work and I let them get up and play. And so begins day 5 of vacation, let the memories begin.

1 comment:
Tomorrow I'd put all the cereal boxes on the floor with bowls and spoons. You never know - maybe they were just hungry and oreos were all they could find.
Do I love my grandchildren or what?
Post a Comment