OSo, KOA. Awesome and funny all at the same time. It was perfect for what we did tonight, pulled in at dark, set up the tent, set up the sleeping bags etc. But imagine sitting in your camp chairs, staring at the huge Wyoming sky and...... watching the trucks pass on the freeway, while surfing the internet on your computer. Totally strange. It's just like staying in a hotel, without having to adjustthe air conditioning.
We spent an awesome day at Rocky Mountain National Park, extreme beauty, fun hikes, LOTS of animals, thunder showers etc. Meeting up with K & T has been very fun, the kids are all very cute with each other. I think they are happy to have some help! it is semi- chaos everywhere we go and a quick potty break is not so quick when the kids outnumber the adults so much.:) Still I have to say, very fun and worth it.
Tomorrow we head out early (yeah right, I am praying to get out of here before 10) to Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. Matt has been quizzing the kids all day and both of them can now tell you every president who is carved into the rock. (and he bought a REALLY tacky shirt of Mt.R at Wallmart for $3 that he is planning on wearing all day tomorrow) Should be fun! We are planning on staying at another KOA tomorrow night, we had thought the whole time that we were going to have to splurge on a hotel room in somewhere around Rapid City but you can't find one for less than $100, and that would be a really yucky hotel. For T&K it's fine because they are splitting but for us it make way more sense to camp.
Good night, I have to go and watch the trucks pass the freeway, while I pretend to be in the wilderness. Lucky for us our noise maker has a 'wilderness' sound!
No comments:
Post a Comment