There are moments.
Snippets, frozen time.
There is fighting, time outs, too much laundry, and never enough me time.
There is an abundance of grace that I will never deserve.
There is resting with my son and telling him crazy stories that I make up as we go along.
"Mom?" he whispers, "can you do this every night?"
"What?" I say
"Make up crazy stories that aren't true." He snuggles deeper into my chest.
Tonight that same boy went into a room where a restless baby brother tried to fall asleep. That same boy who just yesterday was a baby himself, started singing.
My heart froze, and broke, and swelled and filled with heat and with more love than one can handle.
He sung.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, O come O Come Emanuel, O Come All Ye Faithful.
He kept singing. The baby settled.
The minutes froze in my Mothers heart.
My prayer. My mantra. My desire.
Please Lord. Let these years pass slowly.
2 comments:
this is beautiful Krista.
This is beautiful Krista!
Post a Comment