I love every minute of it. Even the minutes I don't love, I do love. Does that even make sense?
Month in review
I got the flu. again. I was down for 4 days. Then I gave it to my Mom.
We went to Mammoth for Presidents day weekend. It was SO fun! The kids skied for the first time this year. It was awesome, they are getting much better. By the last day, Tully was flying down the hill so fast that I almost had to close my eyes, Tessa was looking like everything was just a piece of cake and I had a flash of what I might be dealing with when she is in high school and way too cool to be seen on the hill with any family member. Beck and I did a lot of hanging out at the condo. I read 2 books, "Dreams Of Joy" by Lisa See and "Unbroken" by , I highly recommend both of them. One of the things I love about going to Mammoth with my parents is that I get to do all the cooking but they pay for all the food. I love trying new recipes while we are there. My Dad is especially enthusiastic about most things I make, which fills my cup. Love me, love my cooking. I had several winners that I will for sure make again. Vegan Veggie Lasagna, Moroccan Chick Pea soup with Coconut, "Fried Rice" that was actually cauliflower instead of rice, and some yummy veggie sandwiches. Beck spent his time in the condo alternating in practicing being cute and trying to make a mad dash up the stairs. He also spent a lot of time dancing, drumming on every surface and crawling as fast as he could around the living room.
Have I mentioned that Beck is extremely cute? He is really developing his own little personality, and he is becoming a little chunk. My arms can feel a big difference as I carry him around all day. He is also becoming a major dancing machine. Whenever he hears music he starts to groove. He especially loves going to the kids' Hip Hop class. I think he thinks we are actually there for him.
In other news, we are starting to talk about our summer plans. I've thrown out a few different options. The one I'm leaning towards is renting our house out for a month, flying to Canada and then camping our way through Banff, Jasper etc. Have yet to convince Matt. I figure this would be a prefect time for dreads. For now I've learned how to french braid my own hair.
Tasks for next month, learn how to make a quilt, plan our summer, ween my kids off of dairy, continue with our family Lent devotional (more on this later), sleep through the night, blog more, consume much more kale.

4 comments:
Love so many things here. Can't wait to read more about your family Lent devotional. Can't wait for you to make me some kale chips. :)
I love, love, love your posts - can't imagine that they would be better written or more thoughtful if you posted them in a leisurely manner. On another note, I, your mother, also think your desire to cook and try new recipes is fabulous!!! Love that you cook while you are in Mammoth and I don't mind paying the bill at all - the food is excellent. As for the kids - well - nothing beats hanging out with them on the mountain! Such a great time for the four of us! They'll be off soon - this time is precious. As for Beck - well - he is priceless for sure!!!!
I love, love, love your posts! Can't imagine that they would be better in any way if you posted them in a leisurely manner. I also want to say that I, your mother, love your cooking and am happy to foot the bill when we are in Mammoth! The veggie lasagna was outstanding and definitely not something I would have tried. Nothing beats hanging out with T & T on the mountain. It won't last forever - they are precious times. And Beck - well - the happiest and hippest of all babies - no doubt! What a great weekend.
Yes, Krista! Come camping with us in Canada this summer!!!!!
Post a Comment