Somehow I blinked and Tully turned seven. I'm really not quite sure how this happened.
I like parties, and I like throwing birthday parties for my kids, and I like them to have themes. This year though, Tully's Birthday kind of snuck up on me. We had a crazy couple of weeks, and had been out of town for Gigi's memorial service last weekend followed by the flu making it's way through our entire family (besides Beck, thank goodness). I had been planning on just taking Tully and a few friends bowling but when I looked into how much it would cost, I couldn't pay so much for so little. So, on Wednesday before his Saturday Birthday, the Lego party was born. I put aside my fears that I couldn't pull off something fun in 4 days and got to planning. I quickly dropped off invitations to some friends, spent the night printing out decorations and making lists. I went to bed Wednesday night prepared to get up and shop on Thursday for everything we would need. Instead I woke up with the flu. Fast forward to Friday, I was up early, preparing for MOPS, baking and frosting cupcakes to take to Tully's school and trying not to panic about how much I had to do. All the while in heels of course. After MOPS, Beck and I headed out to run a hundred errands, Beck was a trooper! He finally had a meltdown at 5:00 in Trader Joes, and I must admit that so did I. Trader Joes on a Friday night with 3 kids while still in heels was just a little to much for me! But we got everything done and Tully said it was his best party ever! :)
We had a lego relay race, lego treasure hunt, lot's of junk food and a few impromptu games that Matt created.

No comments:
Post a Comment